Sunday, January 30, 2011

Florence: Mercato Centrale


One of my favorite places in Florence was the Mercato Centrale, which comprised of an indoor food market and an outdoor leather market. I spent waaaay too much money there, but who can resist colorful pastas, flavorful risottos, tasty chocolates and truffle-infused anything? Not to mention inexpensive genuine leather... I picked up a wallet and bag for myself (my old wallet was ripping at the seam, and my old purse was held together by tape--for some reason I feel the need to justify my leather purchases) as well as a good number of presents to bring home, which has now made me wonder how I'm going to get all this stuff I've acquired back to the US.

CHEESE PARADISE. Hell yes I tasted every one. Not to slap my dear France and its soft cheeses in the face, but Italian cheeses might have taken the edge after this trip...

Real mature, Italy. Real mature. Actually there were quite a lot of, uh... similarly inspired souvenirs, which I guess are in great part thanks to the David's popularity.

No comments:

Post a Comment